Universal TV remote controls kind of all look the same. However, you still need to keep in mind and check some of their features to see if that item is compatible with your TV and other electronic devices. In this article, we will dig deeper into all the features you should look for in your next universal TV remote control.
What is a Universal TV Remote Control?
A universal TV remote control is a handy tool to keep at home in case the remote of your TV is lost or broken. Every device has its controller. However, if you want to avoid having your house invaded by remote controls, you should only use one to control the DVD player, decoder, and TV. That’s what is called a universal remote control. With so many options available on the market, it may sound daunting to pick only one. So, what are the features you should look for in your next universal remote control?
The Main Features to Look For in a Universal Remote Control
Here’s what you should be looking for if you are considering buying a replacement TV remote control or a universal remote control.
1. Compatibility: make sure to check if that universal remote control is compatible with your devices. There are some models that work only with a specific brand of device.
2. The number of devices: when shopping for universal remote control, you should ask yourself how many devices you want to control. Some universal remotes are compatible with a whole range of equipment, including game consoles and Blue-ray players. Indeed, the more devices a universal remote control can support, the better it is for you. This will also help you to save money by controlling and using only one remote.
3. Who will be using it: in case you are planning to buy a universal remote control for an old or visually impaired person, don’t forget to look for products with extra-large and easy-to-read buttons.
4. Size of the buttons: besides when buying a remote control for other people, you should also consider how big its buttons are even for yourself. Universal remote controls with large buttons have a more straightforward interface that can simplify how you interact with your TV and other devices.
5. LCD screen: some high-end universal remote controls are equipped with an LCD screen, which can give you greater insights and control over how you interact with your devices.
6. Backlit controls: you can look for a universal remote control that will help you to press the right button even when the lights are off. This feature will allow you to re-create the feel of a cinema in your home.
7. How it is programmed: the latest generation of universal remote control has internal programming, and so you don’t need to waste time to program them. You can finally stop looking at the instruction manual for hours before being able to turn on your TV.
Universal remote controls come with a whole range of features and functions that improve how you interact with your devices. After reading this article, you should know better what to look out for when shopping for a universal TV remote control.
While there are many options available online, we can recommend a company that will surely have what you are looking for. It’s called Systo. They have all models of universal remote controls for all brands on Earth. You can buy one of their universal TV remote control and enjoy your free time like never before.